Sunday, September 09, 2007

Your Pancakes Are Coming!


Thanky kindly for your patience while I took the long, hot summer off.
(Actually, I was in Alaska. It was cold and rainy, but I did inarguably take it off)

Anyhoo, in between purloining my children's rubber food to sew on my red 40th birthday dress and trying to see this novel I'm writing all the way through to the end (spoken like someone who's on chapter 4), I'm reckoning it'll be a recipe or two a month, starting with the greatest hits of summer. And please be sure to reserve a table on September 26, when The Amateur Gourmet swings by on his virtual book tour. (If you've got a question for him, lay it on me now).

Who wants a watermelon basil margarita before the second week of school???

Who wants pie?

2007 art parade
Originally uploaded by editrrix

5 Comments:

Blogger Magpie Ima said...

Love the dress!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Nichelle said...

I saw you at the Art Parade on Saturday. Were those little ones your kids?

12:51 PM  
Blogger j.cro said...

Hooray! You're back!!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Ayun Halliday said...

Hooray!

Yes, Nichelle, that was Inky and Milo toting the Hungry March Band's banner.

OH, waaaaaaaaittttttttttt! Was that was YOU waving from the west side, just below Houston? Mama doesn't see too good when the mascara she only wears for parades, author photos and getting hitched is f'ing up her contacts, and the kids are letting the banner sag... Thank you for coming to the art parade!

6:30 PM  
Blogger starrhillgirl said...

I want pie! I want watermelon margaritas! Please.

I'm delurking to say I am sooooo glad you're back.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home